Level Designer with a background in traditional and digital art, with formal education in animation and film.
Woodland Hills, CA
Game Designer – May 2015 to Present
Level design, scripting, and art. More details soon!
Level Designer – April 2012 to April 2015
- Level designer for Chapter I: Always a Knight. I took over this chapter from another designer halfway through its development when it was largely an empty block-out. I scrapped half of it, re-designed the combat scripting and completely re-designed the second half to support a Lycan chase. As with the Whitechapel section of the game, I was responsible for managing production of the level.
- Level designer for Chapters III & IV. This section defined the first-playable and vertical slice of our new IP. As such, my design duties extended to defining level metrics across the game, as well as early traversal and AI design. Starting from a top down sketch, I built the block-out for the entire chapter (except the Hospital), worked closely with scripters and system designers to implement gameplay from my designs, orchestrated cinematics, worked with the AI team to problem solve behaviors, and coordinated resources across all disciplines to finish the level on time.
Level Designer – June 2010 to April 2012
- Level designer for Rage DLC “The Scorchers”. Created the map “Slime Well”. I was responsible for the layout and geometry. Scripting, lighting, and art polish were done by others at the studio as I only had two months to complete my work.
- Level designer for Doom 4 Multiplayer. Pitched original map concepts and developed existing ones into playable levels. Responsible for initial top-down layout sketch, blockout and final art geometry using existing assets, lighting, entity placement, and then iteration of the maps based on playtest feedback.
2D Animation Apprentice – Sept 2008 to March 2009
Performed hand-drawn animation tests under the mentorship of Andreas Deja
Animation Intern – Summer 2007
Completed hand-drawn animation test of the character “Baloo,” under the guidance of James Baxter
Art Intern – Summer 2006
Modeled and textured environment props for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Art Intern – Summer 2004
Converted, implemented and provided clean-up of old animations from the original Call Of Duty video game to the Call of Duty 2 engine. Also modeled a British Universal Carrier tank.
BFA, Character Animation – 2004 to 2008
Figure Drawing and Head Sculpting – 2003
High School Program for Figure Drawing, Oil Painting and Animal Sketching – 2002 to 2004
- Level building with Hammer, Radiant, Maya and Modo.
- Experience with C-based scripting languages. Familiar with vector math.
- Also experienced in Python for Maya. Familiar with Maya API.
- Storyboarding, editing, and Adobe After Effects proficiency.
- Animation. Beginner in CG, with over 4 years of experience in hand-drawn.